Emails that come from tthis website are sent using the first and last name of the sender and the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to assure that emails coming to you are not flagged as spam, you need to "whitelist" the email address email@example.com. Not doing so may result in legitimate email going to your spam folder instead of your Inbox, or in some cases not being received at all.
A whitelist is a list of email addresses that you want to receive email from. By adding this address to your whitelist, you are telling the email system not to filter email from this website and your classmates, therefore, ensuring that it ends up in the inbox. Below are instructions that you can use to add an email address to the whitelist.
1. Click the Mail menu and select Address Book.
2. Wait for the "Address Book" window to pop up, then click the Add button.
3. Wait for the "Address Card for New Contact" window to load.
6. Click the Save button.
If you are already a subscriber but the email isn't getting through, the email may be in your AOL Spam Folder. Please use your web mail to check your Spam Folder. If the email is in your AOL Spam Folder, open the email and click the This Is Not Spam button. Lastly, please add firstname.lastname@example.org onto your Address Book as outlined in our New Subscribers info above.
You will need to set up a filter to redirect the email into your inbox:
1. Open your mailbox and click on Mail Options (upper right hand corner).
2. Select Filters (bottom left corner).
3. Click the Add link on the Filters page.
4. Update the "From header:" rule with the following 2 pieces of information: "contains" and "email@example.com". This essentially allows the mail server to identify the email based on the email's From address
5. Click the Choose Folder pull down menu and select inbox.
6. Select the Add Filter button.
If you are already a subscriber but the email isn't getting through, check if the email is in your Yahoo Bulk Folder. If the email is there, open the email and click the Not Spam button. Next, check firstname.lastname@example.org on this list, select it and click the Remove Block button. Lastly, if you have not done so, please set up a filter as outlined in our New Subscribers info above.
1. Open your mailbox and click "Options" (upper right hand corner).
2. Click the "Junk E-Mail Protection" link (top of page).
3. Select the "Safe List" link (2nd from bottom).
5. Click the "Add" button next to the dialog box.
If you are already a subscriber but the email isn't getting through, make sure that the email is not being sent to your Junk E-Mail Folder. If the email is there, open the email and click the Not Junk button. Next, check to see if the email@example.com is in your Blocked Senders list. If you see firstname.lastname@example.org on this list, select it and click the Remove button. Finally, if you have not done so, add email@example.com into your Safe List as outlined in our New Subscribers info above.
1. Click Contacts along the left side of any Gmail page.
2. Click Add Contact.
4. Click Save.
If you are already a subscriber but the email isn't getting through, make sure that the email has not been mistakenly marked as Spam:
1. Click Spam along the left side of any Gmail page.
2. Check mark the box next to the email.
3. Click Not Spam button along the top.
You will need to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your Thunderbird Address Book and configure your Junk Mail Controls to white list your address book.
2. Click the Address Book button.
3. Make sure the Personal Address Book is highlighted.
4. Click the New Card button. This will launch a New Card window that has 3 tabs: Contact, Address & Other.
6. Click OK.
Whitelist your Personal Address Book:
1. From the main drop down menu, select "Tools -< Junk Mail Controls..."
2. This will launch the Junk Mail Controls window that has two tabs: Settings and Adaptive Filter
3. Under the Settings tab, update the "White Lists" module by selecting Personal Address Book from the pull down menu and then check mark the box next to "Do not mark messages as junk mail".
4. Click OK.
Initially, the automatic junk mail detection for incoming messages might not be very accurate and you should check your Junk folder to see if the email has been mistakenly detected as junk. To prevent this from happening in the future, you need to mark the email as not junk. Do this by right-clicking on our newsletter and choose "Mark -< As Not Junk".
Netscape Mail Web-Based Email has no filters and spam protection. Therefore, you can enjoy the email without doing anything further, because it will not be mistakenly filtered.
1. On the Tools menu, click Options.
2. On the Preferences tab, click Junk E-mail.
3. On the Safe Senders tab, click Add.
5. Click OK...
If the Junk E-Mail Filter accidentally catches the email, you can simply add email@example.com to the Safe Senders list, and no future email from us will be inspected by the filter. The instructions are outlined above in our New Subscribers info above.
1. Scroll up to the message header.
2. Get to the field where their name is listed, click the Berry button and then click Show Address.
3. Select and copy that address to the clipboard.
4. Go into Address Book and find the user.
5. Select Save.
6. Click to edit it, and then click the Berry button to add another email address.
7. Paste it in and click Save.
1. Sign into Webmail.
2. On the left navigation menu, click Address Book.
3. Click Add Contact.
5. Click the Add button.
6. If you have enabled "Restrict Incoming Email," also do the following:
Sign into Webmail.
7. Select Preferences.
8. Select Restrict Incoming Email. Note: If Enable Email Controls is set to Yes, then you are restricting incoming emails.
9. Select Allow email from addresses listed below.
11. Click the Add button.
1. Click the Address Book button to open your address book in the browser.
2. Click the Add Contact button (if you use EarthLink 5.0 or higher, click the Add button).
1. Go to the SBC Global Mail page and click the Options link.
2. In the Management section, click the Filters link.
3. Click the Add button.
5. From the Move the message to pull-down list, choose inbox.
6. Click the Add Filter button to save the filter.
1. Go to your account and click on the Address Book link in the left column.
2. Select Create Contact.
4. In the Nickname field, type AHS ALUMNI
5. Select Save.
If you use a Web mail system or email application not listed above, the instructions for whitelisting our address will depend on the specific email program you are using. If you access the help files, instruction manual or customer support, there should be instructions on how to do this.
In most cases, jut by adding firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book, safe list, white list or contact list will be sufficient.
If the email is not getting to your inbox, then we suggest checking your spam folder, bulk folder or junk folder. If you find the email, then you will need to find a way to inform your mail application that it is not spam. Most likely the course of action is to select the email and click on the Not Spam or Not Junk button, if available. For more information about your mail application, please visit the help section that is associated with your mail application.